What Is Reverse Osmosis?
The real flavor of water refreshes and satisfies. But today, enjoying a drink of water may not be as simple as filling your glass from the tap. Even when treated by an approved municipal water system, the goodness of water is often marred by minerals, organic matter or chlorine.
Reverse Osmosis is a filtration process used for water. It works by using pressure to force a solution through a membrane, retaining the solute (dissolved solids) on one side and allowing the treated solvent (water) to pass to the other side.
The membranes used for reverse osmosis water systems have a dense barrier designed to allow only water to pass through while preventing the passage of solutes (such as salt ions). This process requires that a high pressure be exerted on the high concentration side of the membrane. Contact us today.
The Final Barrier
The Water Quality Association describes the “final barrier” as “the use of drinking water filtration systems to ensure quality drinking water is available at the water faucet”. Use of the “final barrier” can address the following:
- Harmful by-products formed during chlorination.
- Corrosion, which may damage appliances.
- Microbiological contaminants.
- Trace levels of unregulated contaminants, such as pharmaceuticals.
- Improved water quality for pregnant women, children, seniors
and anyone who prefers a healthy lifestyle.
Focus On The 1% percent
Only one percent of the water you use actually goes into your body. This is why providing water treatment at a central location to drinking water quality standards is wasteful and inecient. After all, 99 out of every 100 gallons of municipal water is used to water lawns, flush toilets, fight fires, wash clothing and automobiles, showering, brushing and a host of other external uses.
By focusing on the 1% of the water used to drink, it becomes much easier to protect you and your family from the harmful contaminants listed below:
Reverse osmosis systems typically reduce:
Reverse osmosis drinking water systems come with quick change cartridges, NSF certified 50 GPD membrane, plastic storage tank, dedicated faucet, saddle valves and instructions.
If you enjoy a suburban lifestyle or live in a farming community, your water quality may be significantly challenged with:
- Runoff from septic systems
- Bacteria from farm animals
- Nitrates from fertilizers
- Harmful chemicals from pesticides
Okay… RO Is the best technology, but, Why The Water Doctor?
- 50 gallon per day NSF certified membrane for the best quality water possible!
- Advanced design, with easy to change twist-n-turn filter cartridges and membrane.
- Hinged bracket for easy access to replacement elements.
- No service calls simply to replace cartridges.
- Flow shuts off automatically when cartridges are removed.
- Polypro storage tank will not rust.
- Membrane is installed in a replaceable module, so change-out is sanitary.
- Long reach chrome faucet is included. (Optional colors are available.)
- Two year system warranty.
- Designer faucet included!
Enjoy 6 Step Filtration
- Pre-filtration for sediment and other particulate.
- Pre-filtration with activated carbon to remove Chlorine, tastes, odors and other chemicals.
- RO membrane to remove additional harmful drinking water contaminants.
- Storage tank.
- Post-carbon treatment for final polishing.
- You get great tasting, high quality drinking water from the dedicated RO faucet.
New Vectapure 360 Single or Dual Filtration, Triple UF, & Four Stage RO Drinking Water Systems
Waterite’s new Vectapure 360 series of filtration products is an advanced Technology Class of its own.
The V360 Reverse Osmosis System is a compact, under-sink residential drinking water system that combines the ease of a quick-change coulor-coded cartridges, with an impressive 75 gallon (285 liter) per day output. Each system includes all the installation hardware required for easy installation and a space-saving corrosion free storage tank. Pure, refreshing drinking water is always at your fingertips.
The entire family of Vectapure 360 systems share effortless quarter-turn filter cartridges that change in seconds without the need to turn off the water supply!
Each Cartridge is color-coded for easy and trouble-free selection and installation. Cartridges range from sediment reduction, taste and odor reduction, chlorine reduction and a .01 micron ultrafiltration membrane, right through to a unique reverse osmosis membrane.
Vectapure 360 single or double filter systems are ideally suited for commercial food-service and beverage equipment applications.
They are a quality alternative to other commercial filters, combining precise filtration and value to protect vital equipment and to keep business operating costs low . Perfect for coffee and espresso machines, ice makers, juice machines or other appliances that are supplied from a tap water source.
Features For Quality Drinking Water:
- Designed for maximum water cleaning efficiency with no operating costs except for periodic replacement of disposable filters
- Efficient on water pressure as low as 40 psi
- Non-electric operation
- Up to 33% more tank pressure for increase flow and volume
- Fills holding tank up to 5 times faster than other systems
- Membrane technology consistently reduces up to 99% of total dissolved solids (TDS)
- Includes a long-reach dispensing spigot with air gap
- Filters the home owner can change without tools.
Water Contaminant Reduction:
Reverse osmosis water softener also reduces contaminants found in a household’s water supply such as:
Arsenic (Pentavalent) <=50 ppb, Barium, Cadmium, Cyst, Fluoride, Chromium (Hexavalent), Lead, TDS, Chromium (Trivalent), Nitrate/Nitrite, Radium 226/228and Selenium
Reverse Osmosis Water Purification for Residents of DeBary, Osteen, Sanford, and Beyond
The Water Doctor provides reverse osmosis water purification systems to DeBary, Osteen, Sanford, Ormond Beach, DeLand, Deltona, and beyond. To inquire about a reverse osmosis water purification system, please contact The Water Doctor at 1-386-985-9960.
JC Galloway & Son – The Water Doctor is your premier water purification and water softener service in
Apopka, Altamonte Springs, Astatula, Bay Lake, Belle Isle, Beverly Beach, Bostwick, Bunnell, Casselberry, Clermont, Crescent City, Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach shores, Daytona North, DeBary,
DeLand, Deltona, Eatonville, East Palatka, Edgar, Edgewater, Edgewood, Eustis, Flagler Beach, Fruitland Park, Florahome, Georgetown, Grandin, Groveland, Heathrow, Holliste, Holly Hill, Howey In The Hills, Interlachen, Lady Lake, Lake Buena Vista, Lake Como, Lake Mary, Leesburg, Longwood, Maitland, Marineland, Melrose, Mondikes, Oakland, Ocoee, Orange City, Orlando, Ormond Beach, Osteen, Ovido, Palatka, Palm Coast, Pierson, Pomona Park, Putman County, Putman Hall, Sanford, San Mateo, Satuma, Seminole County, Tavares, Umatilla, Welaka, Winter Springs, and the rest of Volusia County in Florida. We also serve neighboring Flagler County, Brevard County, Orange County, Seminole County, and Lake County including the areas of Paisley & Sanford. If you are in the area surrounding Deltona & DeLand, Fl, we have you covered!